Reply to post: Re: Project Fear is still alive and well at camp remoan.

PM urged to protect data flows post-Brexit ahead of Munich speech

Voland's right hand Silver badge

Re: Project Fear is still alive and well at camp remoan.

Sofia's airport is busy largely because of the chairmanship of the council.

Correct guess. It was Sofia.

It is the chairmanship which brings there 20-odd aircraft a day registered To hedge funds and banks which according to flight radar flew there predominantly to/from London.

It is the chairmanship which magically provided a 2017 25% GROWTH of salaries in the construction sector in 2017 (according to official stats) while most other sectors scored 10-15.

It is the Eu chairmanship which has reduced the TTL of a 3+ new build bedroom apartment on the Sofia housing market from 6 months down to sub-2 weeks.

It is the Eu chairmanship which has suddenly stuck a halapeno pepper up the builders' arses to complete in 2018 the office complex around the Piza tower replica on the main road near the airport - the one which has been sitting in a dilapidated unfinished state since the real estate slump in 2007.

It is all the magic of the chairmanship you know. It magically changes macroeconomic variables by sprinkling them with magical chairman dust.

Sorry, there is no bucket emoticon so cannot help it, please use tissues to wipe out any surplus sarcasm which poured out of the screen onto the keyboard (I apologise in advance for that).

Chairmanship - my a***. Now BrExit and related contingency money flows seem considerably more plausible.

As far as the rest of 27 asking Britain, if Bulgaria(*) is to be used as an example it has given up on that. It is simply working based on hard BrExit in its own selfish interest now. So are all other Eastern European countries because the harder the BrExit outlook the MORE money they get - both from immigrants and from corporates. I do not see anything funny or pathetic here. That is the way the world works and that is something the idiots on the lie-stickered bus had to take into account before claiming anything.

(*)I have some travel elsewhere in Europe coming up, it will be interesting to compare. I would not expect it to be any different though

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon