Reply to post: Its not you it me, its not her its him, after you, me first.

Kentucky gov: Violent video games, not guns, to blame for Florida school massacre

StuntMisanthrope Bronze badge

Its not you it me, its not her its him, after you, me first.

We're the problem here, all of us, every single one who reads this site and everybody else. We've created a society and culture which promotes and influences an aberrant selfish materialistic culture upon the young, amplified by self-interest amongst the powerbrowers, in combination with a strange all or nothing immediate gratification reward system skewed and televised by media playing all day long to all ages. For the hard of thinking, the poorly educated and the ostracised, where do you turn without social skills, money, a girlfriend or self-esteem?

There isn't a single solution, magic wand or vote-winner I'm afraid. Dare I say it, but education, social strategy and above all personal commitment to go and make a difference in any way you can whether you're a law-maker, man in the street or even a developer and of course, old father time, maybe with a bit of luck slowly build a civilisation we can proud of.

Now, I'm off to watch the Winter Olympics. #hashtag

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019