Reply to post: AI gaming the system already

Reinforcement learning woes, robot doggos, Amazon's homegrown AI chips, and more

Anonymous Coward
Terminator

AI gaming the system already

TL;DR: Deep RL sucks

"It’s difficult to try and coax an agent into learning a specific behavior, and in many cases hard coded rules are just better. Sometimes when it’s just trying to maximize its reward, the model learns to game the system by finding tricks to get around a problem rather than solve it."

Reading this I am both strangely happy and confirmed as a human, as it sound just like 'US' and also more afraid of the future, that any system we create with AI + automata (robots) will be gamed by whatever we create with supposed intelligence.

We already imagine this see movies eg.

"Automata (2014) - Robots violating their primary protocols against altering themselves. What is discovered will have profound consequences for the future of humanity."

AI has already developed it own language, that spooked the lab and they shut it down.

If we divide the research into two, those that are to be function exceptionally and those that are to imitate humans, I wonder how much we just create our own worst enemy in both cases, doing all the worst or annoying things more efficiently and quickly.

I cannot remember ever appreciating a device that did things for me, but do appreciate assistive devices, machines that I operate.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon