Reply to post: Re: Rotten apple

A computer file system shouldn't lose data, right? Tell that to Apple

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Rotten apple

IOS is still an utter joke.

Does it even properly multitask yet? Nope. Does it even allow 3rd party apps to install services yet? Nope. Can I use NFC for anything other than payment? Nope. Does it have a filesystem yet? Nope.

I have a Sony A7 DSLR and its a breeze to use on Android, display the pic on the camera, tap my phone on the NFC and its transferred the high resolution pic to my phone which in turn uploads the raw to my free 1tb FLICKR storage next time I am on WiFi.

On iOS, its an absolute nightmare. Only built in apps can have services, so I need to manually launch the Sony app, I can't use NFC for anything but apple pay, so I manually need to initiate the transfer from both the camera and the phone. iOS doesnt allow me to have watch folders and services for the flickr uploaded either.

This is of course one example, but there are hundreds. I ditched my iphone 8 for a pixel 2 and its so much better in every respect. iOS seems to have been adding all sorts of useless bells and whistles and Jonny ive gimmicks whilst stock Android has been building on a very solid foundation and adding true value features (android 8.1 has come on a very long way from the last time I tried Android v5)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon