Reply to post: Blue is the new shiny

If this laptop is so portable, where's the keyboard, huh? HUH?

Floydian Slip
Trollface

Blue is the new shiny

Although not IT related, I remember (back in the mists of time when I was a retail manager) when one of my sales team sold a nice, polished stainless steel cased microwave.

After about an hour, he received a customer who was complaining (and was very insistent) that the microwave was blue rather than the fetching shiny shiny that matched the rest of his kitchen.

He wouldn't take it from the salesperson that it was stainless and demanded to speak to the manager. So, I took the call.....by this time he was extremely irate, loud (I was holding the phone away from my ear) and pretty rude. He was convinced it was blue and wanted to bring it back for a refund.

I told him how to resolve his problem, but he wasn't prepared to listen so I said that if he wanted to bring it back (a 50 mile round trip iirc) and it was indeed blue then I'd not only refund the price but I'd reimburse his travel costs too.

So, about 35 mins later, I saw him pull up in the car-park and went out to help him carry the M/W in (they were pretty heavy back then)

I un-boxed it in the middle of the shop (it was a busy Saturday) and he smiled and smugly said - "see, I told you, it's blue"

I reached over to one of the edges and slightly "pulled" the blue with a fingernail. I was able to snag a bit of the blue protective film and was able to pull it off the shiny, stainless steel finish of the microwave - just as I had suggested he did when he phoned in.

Without a word of apology he hastily repacked his microwave and almost ran from the shop

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon