Reply to post: well -- for *some* of us.

Roses are red, Ajit Pai is tickled. Broadband from SpaceX gets him out of a pickle

Alistair
Windows

well -- for *some* of us.

Personally, with all the sh*t that keeps happening around the world, political and non-political, and given my age, were I to acquire sufficient funds, I'd be inclined to buy a hull of sufficient length and beam that I could live on until the ticker decides to quit. And having a contiguous global internet provider that did not require a physical connection or a tower within 2 miles would work rather well for me at that point.

Finding the right mast would be a separate operation in my books. I've a friend who does 24' racing in the lake, and they're currently arguing with the vendor about the POS they got from them last year. They've a picture of their current mast under load that makes me wonder *when* I'll hear about them being hauled back to shore on a rescue craft. Hopefully that gets sorted before this years re-step.

The idea of being out in the middle of an ocean and not having to deal with the bulk of humanity is looking better every single day.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon