Reply to post: Re: the arrest warrant was not in the public interest and therefore ought to be scrapped

Yes, Assange, we'll still nick you for skipping bail, rules court

I ain't Spartacus Gold badge

Re: the arrest warrant was not in the public interest and therefore ought to be scrapped

Not a lynch-mob. I want him to get a fair trial.

And that means he has to fucking turn up and face his accusors, like anyone else would have to. He's no more special than anyone else.

Or do you not care about the victims of rape? They deserve their day in court too. That's how we try to determine who's telling the truth and who isn't.

If he's found not guilty, which he probably will be because there were only two people in the room at the time, then all's well and he can be off on his merry way. Until then it is important that he face justice. And that those women get their chance at justice.

Personally I think it's appalling that the Swedes have a system that allows you to get away with such a serious crime as rape if you can manage to hide for ten years. Though I understand that there are good reasons for statutes of limitations.

He's entitled to the presumption of innocence. But I'm entitled to draw inferences from the way he's lied, twisted, smeared his accusors and run. Particularly as he was happy to wander round Sweden and the UK before the allegations, seemingly not in fear of the US - but suddenly developed that fear immediately afterwards.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019