Reply to post:

You can resurrect any deleted GitHub account name. And this is why we have trust issues

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

> Shortcuts are almost always quicker and insurance policies/backups are almost always more expensive.

Why do you equate efficiency with shortcuts? The problem with the audience here is that they seem to think that projects and businesses relying on, let us call it crowd-sourced technology, do not know what they are doing.

My direct experience however is diametrically opposite: three projects that I can think of right now that rely heavily on things like NPM and GitSomething repositories, one is in the area of weather visualisation, another one is groundbreaking research into computer vision and AI, another one Earth sciences, those are staffed by some of the most brilliant and successful people I have ever met, including two billionaires who made their fortunes in IT.

You *are* quite welcome to stick to your Borland libraries or whatever it is that the so-called corporate crowd use these days, but please do not assume that everyone else are bumbling idiots.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon