Reply to post: Re: Last update of SnapChat is crap

Your day's going crap? Let's rap. Snapchat self-splat chat app chaps zap $350m, Wall St saps clap

jonfr

Re: Last update of SnapChat is crap

Snapchat and Facebook are not the same. Facebook is loosing users today* but there are so many users the loss of 200 million users doesn't appear that big when the total user base is around 1,4 billion.

Snapchat has smaller user base. I don't know the exact number but I've heard around 300 to 400 million user snapchat. The effects on smaller user base are larger when large group of people start to leave.

Facebook it self is also getting less usable since they keep adding features that few people want and use. Same goes for snapchat and the latest update has 83% dislike from the people that use the platform. Many people keep using the platform they are on since it is often difficult to connect to everyone on a new platform (people not using it and so on). But there are breaking points and I think facebook and snapchat are reaching them soon. Snapchat might even already be there in due to their latest update being really bad.

*Many of them don't come back. Because they die from the platform. It's turning into a large graveyard of people that once where among the living. Many of them have no-one to delete their account once they are gone for various reasons.

See here, http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20160313-the-unstoppable-rise-of-the-facebook-dead

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon