Reply to post: Re: The last general election results ...

UK PM Theresa May orders review of online abuse laws in suffrage centenary speech

codejunky Silver badge

Re: The last general election results ...

@ wolfetone

I feel I made a mistake of stepping on a Corbyn supporter, oops. You mention a country that is burning but that doesnt seem to match what I see of the UK. From the worst recession in a long time this country has done rather well and could be in an actually bad situation which is available to see in the world. As one of the richest countries in the world to describe us as a country that is burning is pretty ignorant of a large portion of the world, some of which Corbyn is/was a fan of which led them to being in a terrible position.

The second issue with that comment is you mention government problems, but Corbyn is for more government and more government run. Education and Social housing is the purview of the gov and Corbyn wants more gov, which if you think it is badly managed is to ask for more bad management. The gov cannot create employment but they can destroy it which again means if you dont like the zero hour contracts you are either for putting those people out of work or less government, in both cases against Corbyn.

You say society is on its arse and then seem to say the gov should be running the private company (do something about it). Which again is more government. Except government requires non-government to actually fund it which brings us back to less government. Pointing to an outlier as an example of a broken system is to argue against such a system or for the elimination of outliers. One is less gov, the other is North Korea/USSR.

"In my honest view, the country's already fucked and I don't know anyone who can say it isn't"

Thats your opinion and your welcome to it. But you now know someone who does disagree with you. Can we do better? Yes. But the country is not fucked and electing someone who would fuck it doesnt seem like a good idea.

"At least he's honest and hasn't sold himself out for a sniff of power."

So your all for him wanting out of the EU? I ask as I know you want us to remain and it seems important to you, but he doesnt. Also he is against nukes so trident is out, except he needs the unions so he is for making the subs but not arming them with anything. That sounds like an expensive welfare project. And of course peoples quantitative easing with an aim for the GBP to be like the Zimbabwe dollar or as Corbyn is more recently fond of the Venezuelan bolívar. He might actually believe his ideas would help people but history is not on his side at all. In fact it is very much conclusively against him.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon