Reply to post: At Earl Grey, re: pink tools.

Dori-no! PepsiCo boss says biz is planning to sell lady crisps

Shadow Systems

At Earl Grey, re: pink tools.

My dad used to dip all his tools in pink, rubber grip fluid that also made them electricly insulated from the hand that gripped them. For example a wrench that would otherwise conduct large amounts of power straight up the holder's arm instead had that path blocked by the dried, pink, rubberizing goop.

It had the added benefit of making them incredibly hard to loan out, or at least that's how it appeared to my little kid eyes as someone would come over & ask to borrow something, see all the "!PINK!" tools, & hastily backtrack away like a scalded puppy.

If I knew what the insulating goo was called I'd post it here for others to make use of, but a quick internet search should reveal it if it still exists.

I remember the stuff all too vividly because I once tried to dip one of his tools to see if it worked. Unfortunately my little kid mind at the time didn't think things through. The goo had dried & had hardened into it's permanent, iron like coating before I realized I'd dipped the *head* of the wrench instead of the handle.

*HeadDesks repeatedly in embarrassment*

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon