Reply to post:

Shopper f-bombed PC shop staff, so they mocked her with too-polite tech tutorial

Nick Ryan Silver badge

I had the amusing but very annoying at the time case with some arse company that I had never contacted trying to sell me something that I never wanted and only rang me because they had the wrong number. I was polite at first but when they repeatedly failed to take my number off of their systems I just started back at them.

One of the callers was rather upset at my language where I used rather crude anatonomical terms to describe what I thought of her mental and personal skills when I had been called three times that week already and already told the useless f***ers that they had the wrong number each time - including a call from her the previous night. She put the phone down and then she rang back a minuter later I told her to fuck right off and put the phone down myself and then she rang back a minute later and told me that she would report me to the police for abusive calls! I vaguely remember responding something along the lines of "please do, I can say what I want, you called me" although I probably dressed up this response a bit :)

Usually what would happen was that the calls would stop for a week and then they would start up again. When I was in a particularly vindictive mood I listened to what these arse-hats were trying to sell me and agreed that their sales guy could come round the following evening. They had the wrong name and address of course but I wasn't going to let that stop me booking an appointment. I put the phone on silent that evening and for some "strange" reason their sales guy was desperate to get hold of me all evening. The following day the sales guy called to have a go at me for wasting his time through him having to travel 45mins to the location in the evening, hanging around for 60mins or so and finally returning after another 45mins and my not being there. After I described in crude detail what I thought of about the (lack of) brain power of his staff and how they had repeatedly failed to remove my number from their systems he agreed that he would have been rather annoyed as well and promised to personally make sure that the number was removed from their systems. I never received another call from them again, so going postal does work sometimes!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon