Reply to post:

Morrisons launches bizarre Yorkshire Pudding pizza thing

vir

As I was savoring some 100% authentic ethnic food at Taco Bell (Doritos Cheesy Gordita Crunch, natch), I briefly wondered if an actual Mexican person entering the restaurant would have: a) an immediate heart attack from the "creative interpretation" of their cuisine or, b) an immediate heart attack from the 1620 calories in the Cravings Deal box (for $5). In a Mountain Dew Baja Blast-induced haze, my mind pondered the question of whether a similar concept exists in other countries: a Rob Liefeld-esque exaggeration and distortion of American food until the end result bears so little resemblance to its progenitor that any remaining similarity is only a sad reminder of what could have been. Then I remembered that we're pretty good at doing that to ourselves.

Crispy Flamin' Hot Cheetos Yorkshire Pudding pizza: the comforting warmth and savory taste of a home-made Yorkshire pudding pizza, now with the crunch and zest of Flamin' Hot Cheetos. It's your standard deep dish Yorkshire pudding pizza supreme, but with pieces of your favorite spicy puffed corn meal snack baked right into the batter. As a plus, the crust is dusted with more of the flavoring powder so you can be sure your hands will be just as red as if you had eaten an entire party size bag of Cheetos by yourself. 4 individually-wrapped frozen pizzas, each with its own microwave crisper tray, for $5.99.

Jack Daniel's x Epic Mealtime Yorkshire Pudding Pizza collaboration: the culinary mad scientists behind the Falafel Waffle, Bibimbap Burrito, and the 136,000-calorie burger lasagna team up with Jack Daniel's to bring you the 80 lb Yorkshire pudding pizza. They start with the biggest Yorkshire pudding they can bake in their oven, almost 3 feet wide, then they add a layer of meaty barbecue sauce made with 8 lbs of beef, 5 lbs of bacon, and a whole bottle of Jack Daniel's Tennessee whiskey. 3 lbs of cheese follow, then a double layer of bacon over the whole thing, more meat sauce, cheese, pulled pork, bacon, sauce, bacon, smoked beef brisket, bacon, cheese, sauce, 12x deep fried chicken, cheese, bacon, cheese, and an hour in the oven to let everything melt together. Only 93,000 calories.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon