Reply to post: Speaking of McKinsey...

Just can't catch a break, can ya, Capita? Shares tumble 40% amid yet another profit warning

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Speaking of McKinsey...

My current company just finished a year of consulting with McKinsey. They basically sucked millions of dollars out of us for no perceived benefit.

Their basic MO as far as I can tell is not to try change how the business is run and fix the basic issues that those of us at the bottom can clearly see. They can't do that because they don't know the business we are in. What they therefore do is simply try to have the business do the same exact inefficient things, but cheaper. Usually by fleecing suppliers and replacing employees with cheaper ones in low cost countries. Somehow executives always avoid this fate...

Sadly most companies and government appear to be run exactly the same way - the incompetence always rises to the top and when they eventually get fired they just move on to the next large company. (it has to be large as they'll get found out quickly in a small company!).

For those interested (and yes this is a plug for him), my colleague wrote a novella about us:

https://www.amazon.com/Five-Quintessential-Stages-Completed-Project/dp/1483953432

It's a short read, but basically describes every public company these days , and most local governments too!

Anon for obvious reasons.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY TECH NEWSLETTER

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019