Reply to post:

Take a former NSA head hacker, a Raspberry Pi, weird Kiwi radios and what do you get?

Lee D Silver badge

Possibly the most already-done-a-million-times and boring thing you could do as a geek/hacker.

I mean, yeah, sure, it's fun for him. But even with the FM bit this isn't new to anyone. There are guys all over the Internet doing this, and a million times better, and with the same kind of local broadcasting of accompanying music.

My first question is not about the radio, as such, but: Did he pay for the broadcast rights and the right to use the Peanuts imagery? Probably not a good idea to tell everyone at a conference / on the Internet that you did that stuff as there's almost certainly a rightsholder waiting to complain somewhere once they see that.

I was much more intrigued by the DVDs you can get and project on-loop onto a thin bit of fabric in the window to do everything from showing a mystery Santa leaving presents to scary ghosts walking past the window every now and then - all synced together for each window in the house.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019