Reply to post: Re: If women are REALLY "equal"...

1 in 5 STEM bros whinge they can't catch a break in tech world they run

Mooseman Silver badge

Re: If women are REALLY "equal"...

" why are professional sports almost completely gender segregated? Surely we should be demanding that the IOC immediately adopt all sporting events as mixed gender? Why can't we have football matches with male vs female teams? Why can't a football team be made up of mixed genders?

Why is it considered to be "unfair" to have women compete against men in physical sports?"

Do I really have to explain this ? Men and women are physically different, I think we all agree. Men tend to be bigger, stronger and faster, we all agree in that too. Mixing genders in sporting activities is therefore pointless in general. However, extrapolating this to include mental ability is beyond stupid - is anyone seriously suggesting every female scientist, engineer, doctor, dentist, surgeon, phychiatrist etc etc etc is there because she is a woman and not on merit? Honestly this forum has made me question the intelligence of a lot of so-called bright people - someone says if a woman is the best on the day she is picked, someone else immediately comes back with stupid little comments like "she was the best at interview not at her job". Others try to whine how hard done by they are because they are white and male. Poor babies. Grow up the lot of you - this isn't the 1850's

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon