Reply to post: Bags full of the stuff

Why did I buy a gadget I know I'll never use?

Khaptain Silver badge

Bags full of the stuff

Having recently sold my home, and whilst waiting on my new one to become available I have had to move 3 times in the last few months.

With each change of location I have been confronted with the deluge of items that "I will probably need one day".. Bags full of cables, chargers, adapters, welding tools, Raspberry PIs, SD Cards, an oscilloscope, electrical testers, hard disks, USB cables by the bagful, IPhones, Androids, SIM Cards,3G + Wifi Routers, Hubs, and lets not talk about power leads, it just goes on and on.......

I could feel the tears welling up but I finally resolved to removing most of the "stuff" to the bin ( not very ecological I know).... It's amazing, I removed so much stuff but I had that horrible feeling that I would miss something.. Wrong, its been a few weeks now and not once have I had any remorse... I don't miss any of it....

I am now clean, I've managed to kick the habit, my wife loves me more than ever, there's space on the shelves... but I just can't get rid of the feeling that it's all going to come back and bite me in the arse.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon