Reply to post:

Apple iPhone X: Two weeks in the life of an anxious user

Thomas Wolf

Good review. I haven't experienced the camera delay issues (incl. the flash delay) you have, but I guess everyone has a unique phone setup due to different apps & customizations. I completely agree with your point about things not being discoverable enough. I just had the same experience: yesterday I wanted to transfer something via AirDrop - which I had done a thousand times (I've never seen the fussiness you describe) on my iPhone 6. But AirDrop was gone from the control center!? Where the heck did it go? Why didn't Apple tell us? I had to query the web. Lo and behold, when you 3D Touch the connectivity area in the control panel, more icons show up, including AirDrop...WTF??? Apple should really provide some visual indicators for things that are "3D touchable" - otherwise, how the he11 do you know???

(btw, if anyone has succeeded exporting health data from an iPhone 6, let me know how - when I try emailing it (Apple creates a zip file of it), the zip file that arrives is always empty :-(

You say you were always paranoid about the expensive phone dropping - so why don't you use a case??? I assume you were going case-less because you complained about the camera protruding on the back and because you use wireless charging, which can be fussy with cases. Folks who use cases (or, in my case, a stick-on wallet) don't have that issue - or have come to terms with it since this protrusion business started 3+ years ago. Personally, I use the aforementioned stick-on wallet plus Itomic's Edge protectors. This way I still mostly get the 'feel' of a naked phone, but also some really good drop protection. I'm not a member of the Rolex crowd either and plan on keeping this phone for a good number of years - as I have my iPhone 6. I paid full price for 2 iPhone X (the other being my wife's) - and after using it for a couple months now, I think it was the best investment I've made in awhile. For folks who want to keep their phones in their front jeans pocket, maximize their content/reading surface, and still mostly use it one-handed, there's no better phone.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon