Reply to post: Re: "A third country might offer a new couch"

WikiLeave? Assange tipped for Ecuadorian eviction


Re: "A third country might offer a new couch"

Technically, as soon as you are issued a diplomatic visa for the country you are going to, you are granted diplomatic immunity. Theoretically you need to 'preset your papers' to the local foreign ministry, but in practice just the issuance of a diplomatic visa is enough. Most countries will just issue a diplomatic visa as a matter of course - you often need them when traveling from A to B....

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

  • Enter your comment

  • Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019