Reply to post: Re: Blockbuster,.....

1980s sci-fi movies: The thrill of being not quite terrified on mum's floral sofa

GruntyMcPugh Silver badge

Re: Blockbuster,.....

Oooh, video 2000,..... the tape that played both sides! For whatever reason,... I recall my local flea pit video rental place almost adopting video 2000, it was about two shelves of one rack, not a great choice to be had. My friend and I scoured such places for sword 'n sorcery films, Conan, Beastmaster, Deathstalker, Ator the Mighty Eagle, Krull, Hawk the Slayer, The Sword and the Sorceror... and eventually scraped the bottle of the barrel when we rented two different films, made at the same location with the same props, one being 'The Warrior and the Sorceress', the other might have been 'Wizards of the Lost Kingdom' although I wouldn't stand by that,..... either way 'Bright' made recently by Netflix was a much better movie, and I didn't have to walk five miles to return that one after. Amazing how much people moan these days, when they have far more choice and far higher quality entertainment. Although the quest to find the tapes in the first place was perhaps part of the entertainment. : -)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon