Reply to post:

Memo man Damore is back – with lawyers: Now Google sued for 'punishing' white men

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

"At this point, historically hiring mangers often went for those who 'felt' a better fit and mostly white males would (unconsciously, or even consciously) mostly hire white males."

as someone who was responsible for building an IT dept from scratch I take issue with this. In all the hiring that I did over a 15 year period I have to advise that I had a very minimal response from any female applicants. I hired males (even though I would have loved to hire even 1 female) for every position simply because I had next to no other choice. The few non-male applicants that did apply did not have the correct skill set to match the job requirements - plain and simple! And before someone says it's bias and that I excluded people on purpose - both the HR Manager and the CEO were women, The people that they have since hired (since I left 2 years ago - and yes I keep in touch with my former colleagues) have ALL BEEN MALE.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon