Reply to post: Re: We have only ourselves to blame

Here come the lawyers! Intel slapped with three Meltdown bug lawsuits

LOL123
Facepalm

Re: We have only ourselves to blame

>>Intel did not take any lessons learned from its experiences with other chip architectures

which architecture for example?? This has nothing to do with processor ISAs.. Architectures and the implementation of an architecture are two different things. AMD's implementation of x86_64 architecture is better when evaluated on this specific criteria. It might be worse on others. So could ARM8. Better and worse.

>>Intel did not take any lessons learned from its experiences with other chip architectures

On which of their other implementations did they make the same mistake to learn from and corrected it there but chose to ignore "the lesson" for their out of order CPUs?

This is becoming an Intel withhunt - lots of comments but little fact.

"Intel knew all along I tell you.. all along! The CEO must be burned alive! Burn Intel.. off with it's head.."

"I'm afraid to enter my password.. Am I alive? Is my money safe? Can I fly? My phone! Will the internet stop? Bitcoin wallets are insecure causing market crash.. It's all intel's fault I tell you!"

"Everyone should have used <favourite vendor of the week != Intel>. That's what I've been telling to you all.. Told ya..."

I mean at what point does one state that The Register is spewing "fake news". If it became obvious in a few years that the commentary didn't hold or other cpus have even more fatal flaws, does The Register become a fake news outlet for what it printed ingood faith today??

Prove Intel's bad faith...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019