Reply to post: Re: Registry? That's so 90's darling....

And we return to Munich's migration back to Windows – it's going to cost what now?! €100m!

JLV

Re: Registry? That's so 90's darling....

I was actually aware of that command, before finding the registry hack. That was my workaround for months.

But, do you realize that powercfg -h off has to be re-run every single time you restart that machine? It's not permanent.

Additionally, the registry item in question is not a blanket deactivation of hibernation. Rather I think it flips off some weird subsystem condition where Windows is expecting a bluetooth mouse or keyboard (which my machine didn't have). When that, inexistent, mouse doesn't do anything for a while, Windows in all its wisdom decides it needs to go to sleep. Even when the main sleep/hibernation settings say NEVER.

Windows has infinitely weird ideas about hibernation - there are items about USB peripherals and their sleep times, for example.

And it's a config mess: you have the basic Win10 sleep settings, but the advanced one shows you a Windows 7 legacy dialog of the relevant part of the Registry. But, that does not include the stupid bluetooth flag, that's somewhere else in the Registry again and has been there since Win 7, I think.

Bet Windows 11 will have yet another way to configure with sleep and hibernation.

Nope, not a fan of this crap.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon