Reply to post:

Linux Mint 18.3: A breath of fresh air? Well, it's a step into the unGNOME

StargateSg7

I've worked withing pretty much EVERY major and obscure operating system out there from

DEC PDP-11's OS to VAX VMS to OS-400 to Z-os to MS-DOS 1.0 to 7.0 to Minux, Xenix,

BEOS, Theos, QNX, MAC-OS from 1984 and the Apple Lisa to Windows from earliest days

to Linux (10 different distros!) tor our Internal Midgrid-OS!

Of all of them, the best commercial end user-friendly OS is Windows 10 -- Mac OS annoys me when I can't right click on an icon to get it's properties or perform a pre-defined action!

The best Server OS I think is actually Windows 2000 Server because you could STILL install it in

ANY directory you wanted and it STILL had the most admin control while still having all the best features of Active Directory which is the BEST client management system ever! Windows Server 2016 has too many admin restrictions on it!

For embedded devices, QNX is the Numero Uno OS software as it TRULY is a fail-safe OS!

They use it in Nuclear Power Plants and other Critical Systems so I'm all in for using it on my

custom video and audio playback/recording box. Never failed in almost 8 years running 24/7/365!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon