Reply to post: 10 years to migrate 16000 PCs and they're going to go back to Windows ?

And we return to Munich's migration back to Windows – it's going to cost what now?! €100m!

Pascal Monett Silver badge

10 years to migrate 16000 PCs and they're going to go back to Windows ?

Looking at the linked list, I remark that it took Valencia, Spain a mere year to migrate 120000 PCs from Windows to Linux. Munich strolled into a full 10 years for their paltry number, and now we learn that their IT can't cope and they want to go back ?

German efficiency isn't looking good in this picture. If they can't cope on one platform, I don't see how it will be better on another. Changing cars is useless if you can't drive.

But I'm guessing that's not the real problem. It's influence. There's obviously a strong pro-Windows faction in Munich and they've been real busy making a nuisance of themselves since the beginning of the migration. Looks like they've worn down the resistance and are going to get their revenge. All that at the citizen's cost, of course. With all the other administrations and entities that have successfully made the switch to Linux, Munich can hardly pretend that Linux is not suitable for them.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon