Reply to post: Re: Give me a car with

Honda pores over in-car navigation software with Alibaba – report

Wade Burchette

Re: Give me a car with

I bought a car with navigation. This was in 2004. There have been no more updates since 2013. Because of this, I now use the GPS of my phone. It is always up to date, I don't have to pay for those updates, and it has traffic. I've now decided that I will not buy a car with GPS built-in no exception. You are not going to fool me twice. I might consider a head unit with GPS built in. If the updates stop for that, then I can rip it out and put a new head unit in; can't do that with a built-in GPS. There is only two features I want in my radio: Bluetooth and iPod compatibility. (The old iPods which had plenty of storage space for my lossless CD rips. You know, devices so good they had to go.)

I already know the car manufacturer's response: but a new car. Sorry, but my vehicle is paid for and works well. I have spent very little on repairs and maintenance, and most of that was normal wear and tear. No major mechanical problems at all. Why should I replace? Just keep updating your navigation data!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon