Reply to post: Re: Nice article, Ms. Quatch!

Astroboffins say our Solar System could have – wait, stop, what... the US govt found UFOs?

Kiwi Silver badge

Re: Nice article, Ms. Quatch!

This seems to clearly be a case of pushing an offensive gay leftwing agenda where it doesn't belong.

I'm both gay and pretty much a lefty at that (left of centre with right-wing traits sure, but mostly lefty).

I am quite happy to say such stuff as what has been discussed here does not belong in Dr Who. They started this stuff with Eccleston(sp), continued it to some degree under Tennant, I don't recall much of it under Smith of Capaldi but by the time we got through half of the Capaldi stuff that was it for me+Dr Who. There's the old series around, and I'd rather watch an episode made up from poor quality still pictures where the audio is more hum than speech, where it's been through several VCR's and the early text to describe what was going on has largely lost its definition (and is thus unreadable) than watch the modern versions. I quite liked most of the writing during Tennant's tenure, didn't mind Eccleston or Smith, but the first season with Capaldi was just too much (it's not really him as an actor, though how he portrayed the Dr may've had a bearing - but actors can only do so much with that level of crap writing!).

I think it was the one with the monster hatching from the moon and laying another egg that instantly became a new moon that finally stopped us watching.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019