Reply to post: Re: For all the times I ever saw such items on Facebook (obviously quite often)...

Facebook folds fake news flag: We're not disputing that

bombastic bob Silver badge
Devil

Re: For all the times I ever saw such items on Facebook (obviously quite often)...

maybe people who are on Faece-b[itch,ook] need to (learn how to) do their OWN fact checking?

OK the intellectual laziness that appears to be inherent with a majority of FB users (the ones that trust FB for news, anyway) probably precludes that possibility. But I can always hope [in spite of the apparent facts] that news readers would be at least a *little* skeptical of *any* news story, and want to dig into it a bit more, do some fact checking, etc..

/me laments that "feelies" feel instead of think, or even CAN'T think, and so do not fact check anything.

It's my opinion that half the fun of a good news story is doing a little online research after reading it, and not simply believing everything it says, simply because it preaches to the choir or fulfills "wishful thinking" or, worse, "panders to the perception". 'El Reg' style comments also fun, but the larger news outlets couldn't handle the volume...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY TECH NEWSLETTER

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019