Reply to post: Re: The no true Scotsman argument

Astroboffins say our Solar System could have – wait, stop, what... the US govt found UFOs?

Kiwi
Angel

Re: The no true Scotsman argument

@Adair, 'complete misunderstanding of the nature of God' -- well, we have all sorts of ideas of God, but if God keeps handily being unable to be explained or proven to exist by humans, then what does it matter if he exists or not?

I had a neighbour I once accidentally offended. They went out of their way to effectively deny my existance. When I would give them a cheery greeting I'd be ignored. Try to help them, I'd be told (very impolitely) where to go. They made up some nasty false rumours about me.

In the end, I gave them what they wanted and made no more attempts to be nice to them.

It is much the same for those who refuse to acknowledge the abundant proof of God around them. He has given you many opportunities to see what is real, but you do not wish to do that. So for a time you will get your wish.

But He is patient and loving, and when you're ready, you will meet with Him, and He will be there for you!

(will this be my most downvoted post yet? Come on guys, trying to crack 1,000 downvotes here! :) )

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon