Reply to post: Re: So...

European court: Let's not kid ourselves, Uber. You're a transport firm, not a 'digital service'

Tringle

Re: So...

Really, have you ever tried to take a faulty product back to a French retailer? You're lucky if they give you a credit note to spend in their own store with a validity of a month, because it is not them but the manufacturer or importer who is responsible. No, you have to somehow get the product back to the manufacturer, it could be anywhere, at your own expense and risk. If you're lucky you might get it back. I had a DSLR with a manufacturing flaw. Retailer disowned it, I got it back to the importer in Paris, cost more than €50 in insured postage, and it was 6 weeks before the replacement arrived. So I was out of pocket and without my camera. This experience is not atypical. EU guarantees are basically worthless, although some of the larger retailers here in La Belle are now starting to accept moral (because there is no legal) responsibility; they've had to since Amazon arrived with their no questions asked customer service. UK retailers are staggeringly customer focused in comparison.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon