Reply to post: Re: Correlation =/= causation.

Fridge killed my baby? Mag-field radiation from household stuff 'boosts miscarriage risk'

Muscleguy

Re: Correlation =/= causation.

Or living in thin walled homes which don't shield against the fields from wires in the walls, electricity distribution boards, aircon motors, fridges etc. Being poor can expose you to more EMFs as well as poor diet but I agree confounders do need to be measured and ruled out.

Think about it, are high tension overhead power lines seen over and beside rich or poor suburbs? Where are major substations sited in those respective areas? Here in the well off part of Dundee our substation is in the corner of a field. There is a really big one for HT lines smack bang in the middle of a poorer area. They put some of the lines underground as they ran down the middle of a carriageway. But not because of the poor area but so that large loads from imported wind turbine blades landed at the docks could pass up that road.

The houses beside that road are metal framed. You cannot get a mortgage to buy them and they are only worth around £5k to £10k as there is no way to check the structural integrity of the metal. But Faraday cages they are not, antennas more like. Built quick after WWII. A warning about the risks of putting up houses too fast. I read that Bovis is going to slow down its rate of housebuilding after a litany of substandard new homes. Such as NO expansion joints fitted and ALL the air bricks buried.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon