Reply to post: I call Bu**sh&) on this

Exploding alien bodies' space death-rays gave Earth its radiation cloak

PNGuinn
Boffin

I call Bu**sh&) on this

"The team used a small shoe-box sized particle telescope – which was built by undergraduate and graduate students at the university and blasted into orbit in 2014 as a CubeSat mission – to measure the flux of energetic solar protons and electrons from the radiation belt over two years."

So, reading between the lines, they gave the vital bit to a couple of undergrads, who cobbled it all together between hangovers. A bit of kit the size of a shoebox. With no time design and make a lightweight case for the bally thing.

"Doh - I know, I've got an old shoebox under the bed in my room that I keep my sneakers in - Y'know, I think it may just fit. I was thinking of chucking it out - the neighbours in the flat 2 floors down are beginning to complain ... but you know the old saying "In space no one can hear you gag" ... I'll bring it in tomorrow"

"Noooo, Luv ... just take the kit home with you and try it there ... If it fits, tape the lid on tight and wrap the whole kaboodle tightly with several layers of clingfilm to make it airtight. Bring it in tomorrow and we present it quick. All agreed?

"Ai, ai Captain."

It's well known in scientific circles that the pong from a young girl's sneakers can make a sewer smell foul. Exploding supernovae? I fart - er, I mean, I point a girl's sneakers in their general direction. El Reg had a piece on this very subject but a few months ago.

>>He'll have to do - we need a nose 'n ferrit icon.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon