Reply to post: Answer me this...

Netflix silent about ridicule as it discusses punters' viewing habits

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Answer me this...

Who really cares? I find that fact released by Netflix both interesting and amusing, at the hurt to who? None.

As for all these people who go on about online privacy and security, what about all the times you've given your delivery address to an 'offline' (so to speak) company? All the times you've had a tracked parcel sent to you? All the times you've bought from any form of online store (which apart from a small handful of people between the ages of 13 and 70 in 2017 in the western world, you're a liar if you say you've never bought online - it doesn't need to be a physical product you buy)? All the times you've signed up for an online account, even using fake details but doing it from your home router? All the times you've taken out a telephone contract / tv license / utility service such as gas or leccy?

All these companies hold your details in one way or another. Some, forever, totally ignoring data retention rules. Some are more susceptible than others at being targeted but they're all still holding and in their own little way, tracking a little bit of info about you.

The sooner we accept that our data will be mined through any medium imaginable, the sooner we can be at peace with it and enjoy life.

Anyway, got to go, time for Christmas Prince.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon