Reply to post:

Disk drive fired 'Frisbees of death' across data centre after storage admin crossed his wires


No - but I was once working inside a small 19" ethernet switch to clean or replace the fan.

Since my workspace was rather cluttered, I had it on my lap while I was sitting in a chair.... (you see where this is going.)

I powered it up to check the fan plug orientation was correct, and the case went live with 220V. Its rather hard to have a complex coordinated muscular response when sitting down.

So from memory I leaned back, pushing hips forward at speed, sending whoile switch flying through the air to crash into the solid concrete floor. Surprisingly only two ports ceased working due to this abuse.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

  • Enter your comment

  • Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019