Reply to post:

It's a decade since DevOps became a 'thing' – and people still don't know what it means

John 104

Scrumban

Now THAT made me laugh. Because SCRUM or Kanban weren't good enough. We must combine them! Please tell me it was a joke?

What really gets my goat here in the comments are the developers looking down their noses at ops guys (like myself) as if what we do isn't just as important or necessary as the code that gets written. If I had a dollar for every developer who was as clueless about systems integration as I am about programming in C++, I'd be retired. You can't have one without the other no matter how you slice it. Put it in AWS or Azure, sure. but there are still highly skilled technicians keeping things going on the back end so that your code has a place to live.

As to the fellow who mentioned VMs towards the top. The reason VMs are around is because the hardware that we use today is so undersubscribed that it made sense to abstract it out. It isn't because of the laundry list of ignorance you mentioned.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon