Reply to post: One man's virus is another country's super secret exploit tool

Guilty: NSA bloke who took home exploits at the heart of Kaspersky antivirus slurp row

martinusher Silver badge

One man's virus is another country's super secret exploit tool

Talk about 'the biter bit'! These NSA tools are just state sponsored malware so like any good anti-virus toolit the Kaspersky A/V code not only detected it but uploaded it to K. central for anaylsis (which -- if you've read their documentation, is what it does whenever it finds any previously unknown virus).

You can see why the US government (and its pet, the UK) doesn't like Kaspersky A/V software. Kaspersky's signature feature seems to be detecting NSA exploits, they've been doing it for years, so it must be a bit of a drag spending all that time and effort developing the latest exploit only to have it sent of to Mother Russia for anaylsis. There is a school of thought that maybe the NSA should get the message and not only stop trying to poke holes in Windows but also help patch them as their contribution to National Security but then what do I know? I'm only a US taxpayer...... (no, not a Kremlin troll, just a long suffering taxpayer fed up with the waste of my tax dollars....).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon