Reply to post: Re: Hub 3 not our solution

Mythical broadband speeds to plummet in crackdown on ISP ads

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Hub 3 not our solution

@ Muscleguy

Judging by my experience, and other reports on VM's customer forums, the field techs are under instruction to replace SH2 models with SH3 on any customer visit, and usually take the SH2 away, even when the customer asks to retain it.

The Superhub 3 is a complete dog of a device. It has the slowest interface I've seen on any device since the year 2000 (not joking), it struggles with latency, dropped packets, there's multiple reports of wifi problems and the router side losing customer settings. When changing settings it frequently returns a white screen to the computer, so you can't tell if the changes have been accepted. Even when it works, I find it often takes two or three attempts to make a new client wifi device to connect for the first time, and the wifi signal strength is no better than the SH2.

The Superhub 2 was a distinctly average modem/router with its own problems. It takes a special kind of genius to actively make things worse from such a low base, luckily Virginmedia employ people like that. I say luckily because can you imagine the havoc they'd make in another field? The only area I can think of that has such deeply ingrained incompetence is the Cabinet.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon