Reply to post:

Phone fatigue takes hold: SIM-onlys now top UK market

Dave K Silver badge

What it doesn't consider however is existing features that are being removed. For example, I didn't buy a Samsung Galaxy S6 a few years ago when I needed a new phone because they did away with the SD Card slot (albeit they brought it back on the S7). Similarly, these days more and more companies are dropping the 3.5mm headphone jack. Again, if I wanted a new phone today, I absolutely would refuse any handset without the jack.

Hence I do feel that a report showing the importance of existing features would also be interesting.

Saying that, the story is correct from a performance perspective. 3 years ago, I had a Samsung Galaxy S3. Towards the end, it felt stuttery and sluggish - even after I tried a custom ROM. It needed replacing, so I got an LG G4. Fast forward 2 1/2 years, my G4 is on a SIM-free contract, and is still performing absolutely fine. No slowdown, no stuttering, no performance issues at all. Why therefore would I replace it - especially since I may lose functionality if I did?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019