Reply to post:

Firefox 57: Good news? It's nippy. Bad news? It'll also trash your add-ons

WhatNow

Like many I have been a Firefox user almost since they started. The later Quantum release whilst keeping most of my add-ons functioning, has been causing everything to simply freeze for up to 45 seconds.. Yep, no matter what I'm working on the screen now freeze every few minutes. That ain't too good when working on WP and making site updates then needing to either put the kettle on while Firefox decides to unfreeze and allow me to continue..Worst of all is that I have been forced to now use Chrome with WordPress simply to allow me to make site updates. Then we have Forefoxx on Android, something I have always used on my phone and annoyingly which I also installed on a friends' phone as she had reached the end of her wits with Google monster constantly adding news reports and traffic in her area updates despite turning them off. Then 3 days after I installed Firefox and whicch had no news updats,, no traffic updats, no what's happening in areas that you never even wante dto know about..Just a simple clean browser, they update and now the browser is packed with unwanted nonsense like a demonic stalker of Chrome wanting to copy. Speed yes, of course, but come on...I'm not the only one whose browser is now freezing on a regular basis and will be searching for alternatives.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon