Reply to post: Re: No...

Another UAV licence price hike? Commercial drone fliers rage over consultation


Re: No...

Indeed, it's "Car tax" or "Vehicle tax" - the terminology used on Government websites - and hasn't been "Road tax" for decades.

The tax is on the ownership of the vehicle, not the use of the vehicle. The tax varies by vehicle type (road rollers pay nothing) and does not vary at all by how much the vehicle is driven on public roads.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

  • Enter your comment

  • Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019