Reply to post: Re: Minorities

Estonia cuffs suspect, claims he's a Russian 'hacker spy'

Old Coot

Re: Minorities

--> 1)they refuse to learn local language

What percentage of Brits living in Spain or France have learned the language? Besides, Estonian? Pretty difficult, I'd say. Not a very good time investment, especially for an adult learner. I live in Belgium, similar issue. They should switch to English, but nah, that would be too easy.

--> 2)they support putins regime that is hostile to the countries, EU, NATO and democracy itself, while enjoying all freedoms granted by EU etc.

I'm glad to hear that the EU is highly democratic, as evidenced by their love of and respect for the people's will, referenda, etc.

3)they worship soviet regime and deny crimes against humanity committed by that regime, imagine germans living in Israel worshiping Hitler and demanding locals to speak to them in german - thats how stupid the situation is.

So a state of mind, a sentiment is an excuse for making people 2nd-class citizens. How about worshiping God or Allah, how is that different? Besides, why should they care about a country that's the only place they've known, but discriminates against them?

4)Hate the countries they live in but somehow dont want to go back to putins "paradise"

So Russia is just the Soviet Union? If so, how did the Baltic States get out? Did they fight, or were they let go by this USSR-lite?

Enjoy having your country be a missile launchpad; after all, what could go wrong?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon