Reply to post:

Apple succeeds in failing wearables

Doug Petrosky 1

I'm betting you would be impressed with the stock stopwatch on the AppleWatch and there are hundreds more to precisely meet your needs. The AppleWatch is no wall flower, it can take quite a beating and is also water resistant 50M. Sure, you have to set it on it's wireless charger nightly or every other night for some, but the benefits for many are worth it (or it wouldn't be selling this well).

Being able to glance at the watch for incoming email's, alerts, texts, and even phone calls saves dining into my pockets for my phone through out the day. Accurately monitoring my heart rate and over all movement and exercise is a helpful if not motivating tool for me and many others. Having access to make calls and respond to texts with my phone across the house or office even without cellular is very helpful. Making payments is mostly just cool, but as it becomes more common it will allow me to leave my cards behind.

Finally, access to a voice assistant for quick direction, info about opening and closing times for businesses, access to my smart home lights, locks etc and even a convent way to unlock my laptop just to name a few reasons I enjoy my watch.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon