Reply to post: still not able to add page numbers without putting number to first page

Munich council: To hell with Linux, we're going full Windows in 2020

Mage Silver badge

still not able to add page numbers without putting number to first page

It does easily.

Also you can create sections that restart page numbers, or continue them and optionally have no first page number, optionally no header optionally no footer, on first page of section or all pages.

It also does a binding offset more sensibly in a page style.

Perhaps you use direct formatting instead of styles?

What's more I can export as Office97-XP format (works all later MS-Office) or the later Office format from LibreOffice and users of MS Office get it fine (do remember to include fonts, which you need to do with most MS Office versions!).

PDF export and HTML export works far better in LibreOffice than MSOffice. Have you seen the bloated insane HTML MSOffice generates?

I've produced hundreds of 100+ plus documents in LibreOffice.

I used Wordstar, Wordperfect, DOS MSWord, Supercalc, Lotus123, Visicalc etc before using Windows MSOffice for nearly 20 years. I used to teach computer applications. So perhaps I spent half an hour figuring out the differences between MS Office and LibreOffice. Now only takes a few minutes to setup a new install properly, you have to spend as long or longer properly configuring MS Office applications at first install.

I don't install the LibreOffice "fast starter" and it's still far faster than MS Office.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon