Reply to post: Openreach marketing

Guy Glitchy: Villagers torch Openreach effigy

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Openreach marketing

I have had two separate occasions where BT have really let me down outside work projects, I've lost count of the number of project deadlines missed over the years because open reach failed to deliver to SLA despite time having been allowed for remedial works, fibre blowing etc within the plan. In the first case Openreach installed the fibre and cabinets locally (causing huge disruption for 6 months while they laid the fibre through the centre of town). BT then failed to open the postcodes for the sale of upgraded services. This was on a new development of a couppe of thousand houses just outside a rural town center. Even when I managed to talk to an engineering manager at BT, (using informal contacts of course) and he informed sales, they still missed out one postcode from the area resulting in some hilarity down at the local where one out of our group of 5 was still waiting for broadband 2 years later. On the second occasion they upgraded the infrastructure in the local exchange but took a further 18 months to lay a fibre from there to the village. We used to receive regular broadband outages caused by ploughing, the duck pond at the local 'big house' overflowing etc (yes really). I still was lyrical about the 17 - 22 MBps I now receive as its such a huge improvement over the 0.5 - 2 MBps I was receiving before.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon