Reply to post: Re: MST Assurances /Authentication of Server

Mozilla devs discuss ditching Dutch CA, because cryptowars

Kiwi

Re: MST Assurances /Authentication of Server

The source of that would be either a postal letter or a printout from the institutions branch office.

Right.

Because no one, and I mean no one would ever go through someone's mail and steal letters appearing to be from their banks!

(and that's assuming your bank even does snailmail any more, many won't!)

While I have you.. You say MST (pronounced "missed"?) doesn't do public key encryption and thus improves security as such.

AIUI, when my browser talks HTTPS with a site, my browser sends it's public key to the site and they send their public key back, thus allowing the two to quickly establish a secure way to talk further.

Without the exchange of public keys (and I understand in recent systems this is far from being cracked, hence (currently) very secure (assuming a proper implementation), how is a secure connection established?

How long have you been doing encryption, and aside from MST what work of note have you done? No I'm not going to go check your site. You have a few moments here on El Reg to sell me, and anyone else reading, on your ideas.

So. Convince us. At least convince me to take a further look into this. I may seem to be nothing of note today, but you never know where an inspiration particle will land tomorrow.

And I am very much FOR improvements in security and efficiency (which comes first depends on the circumstances) - I wish you good luck and hope you do well if you have something worthwhile. I hope you find out sooner and move on to a better life if not. (not in the sense of death, more in the sense of leaving an abusive relationship)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon