Reply to post: Re: This article = manginism, at its best

Rob Scoble's lawyer told him to STFU about sex pest claims. He didn't

Loyal Commenter Silver badge

Re: This article = manginism, at its best

Doesn't follow at all. I couldn't possibly shoot someone because I don't have a gun, doesn't mean that I think shooting is OK.

It's more like suggesting that it would not be possible to shoot someone with a gun you don't own. Try explaining this one to all the folks that get shot by toddlers in America each year.

To claim that sexually harassing people isn't sexual harassment because you are not "in a position of power" is disingenuous at best. To admit to sending (presumably unsolicited) explicit descriptions of sexual acts to a recipient and claim that this is not sexual harassment is just plain wrong.

We still live in a world where equality of the sexes is far from accomplished. As a white middle class male, I can state categorically that I have seen many instances of other men harassing women, and can fully believe women when they tell me that it happens on a regular basis. However, I have never personally experienced this sort of behaviour from a member of the opposite sex (or from another man). This alone should tell you that sexual harassment of women by men is a widespread and serious problem, as is sexual assault, and rape. Being an apologist for this sort of thing is inexcusable.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon