Reply to post: Re: Inspired

Knock, knock? Oh, no one there? No problem, Amazon will let itself in via your IoT smart lock

CrazyOldCatMan Silver badge

Re: Inspired

Here are some items inspired by the things our driver just nicked from your house...

Or, as in my recent cases - trying to buy an all-in-one printer via Amazon.

The first one (an HP) gets given to the courier and somehow fails to be delivered. Even now (a month later) ius still listed on their tracking site as "out for delivery" Full refund from Amazon

The second one (a Brother, ordered as new) turns up. I open the box and it's immediately obvious that it isn't new. I check and no, it's most definately not new (none of the transport tape/masking is in place, already has paper in the tray). Added to that, it's faulty (registration errors on self-check and, when I get past that, only prints in yellow). Request replacement. Courier turns up to collect, my wife signs to say it's been picked up. One week later, no notification from Amazon that a replacement is being sent so I ring up (having eventually found out how to contact them via phone - I'd left several delivery feedback notes with no action at all) and go through the painful process of getting my money back.

So, I'll give courier + Amazon a miss, thank you. New printer is coming from a local Argos shop..

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon