Reply to post: Re: I must be in the "Beta" programme

Knock, knock? Oh, no one there? No problem, Amazon will let itself in via your IoT smart lock

Baldrickk

Re: I must be in the "Beta" programme

Even with the car there, there have been plenty of times when I am waiting for a package, and I therefore wait on the ground floor with a laptop (as opposed to my office space two stories up) to ensure I can hear the doorbell.

I then go to make myself a drink and find a note hanging from the letterbox.

Subsequent testing ensures that no, the hardwired doorbell system has not run out of batteries or inexplicably failed...

I think that all delivery drivers have developed either a phobia of, or an allergic reaction to doorbells

Royal Mail / ParcelForce seem to be the worst at actually ringing the doorbell.

I guess it doesn't help that my house seems to be at the end of nearly all delivery routes, where the driver finds it quicker to write the note and deliver that through the letterbox, so they can jolly off home as early as possible, than to actually do their job and deliver the package. More than once now, I've heard the van pull up, seen them filling in the slip while still in the van, and met them as they are walking down the path, slip in hand sans package.

To say it's frustrating is an understatement. Especially when it's a next day delivery for a reason, and time has been taken off work to ensure that I am around to accept the delivery.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon