Reply to post: Re: Riiiiiiight....

Please activate the anti-ransomware protection in your Windows 10 Fall Creators Update PC. Ta

Kiwi Silver badge
FAIL

Re: Riiiiiiight....

"You call "You do not have permission to access this (file/folder/drive). Click here to permanently get full access rights" 'rock solid'?"

LOL @ complete lack of understanding of ACLs. To be able to do that you need admin rights, AND the admin account needs to have rights to "take ownership" to the files in question.

You're an MS shillsupporter and you challenge others on security?

And no, you clearly have a complete lack of understanding of MS's complete lack of security. I'm talking a LIMITED account with no admin rights on a Win7 (and I think I've seen this on 8) where the kids wanted to access something in another account (admin or not), they click the folder, get told they don't have permissions "click here to permanently get permission to access this folder",

We're talking home users so the MS craptastic and generally rather broken ACL's don't exactly come into it do they? Default MS settings, to be as insecure as possible and and when that's not insecure enough, to automatically and permanently give full access to whoever asks.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019