Reply to post: Re: Oooh, clever..

You can yacht be serious: Larry might be planning his own version of America’s Cup

Kurt Meyer

Re: Oooh, clever..

@ AC

"Competed is past tense. England will compete this time because unlike the US they qualified..."

Is that supposed to be a shot? A dig? A none too subtle jab?

I'll briefly return to baseball to describe it as:

A swing and a miss.

Now back to football. This may surprise you, but I was, and continue to be, thrilled that the ridiculously styled "USMNT" failed to qualify out of their wretchedly weak group.

The chants of "USA! USA!! US... Oh!" were, and still are, music to my ears.

I despise "soccer" as it is currently, and for the foreseeable future, presented in the US. I have no interest in MLS, and very little in the amateur game over here.

It is the world game, and I resent the American attempts to reshape it into another version, or variety, of the sports already established here.

I follow European football, and have done so since the days of my youth. I think it much more entertaining than the North American sports. The same holds true for motorsport.

So, like England, the side I follow, and support, and cheer for, and have for almost 50 years, did qualify, and will be in Russia next summer.

I understand they're coming to England to play a friendly against the Three Lions at Wembley on the 10th of November.

It should be an exciting match.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon